On the 14th and 15th of May, the kick off meeting of RESISTO project has been organized to officially start the activities.
The meeting represented an important opportunity for launching RESISTO, to know each partner and establish team’s confidence.
In particular, during the two days event, a series of meetings, presentations, open discussions were performed involving all partners present.
All partners introduced themselves and their role within RESISTO, at the presence – by WebEx – of the Research Programme Officer Markus Müller, which started the work with a presentation to share some general and more specific information about the grant management (obligations, expectations, ethics, security, financial aspects).
The following interventions of day 1, carried out by LEONARDO, had been the opportunity to present:
- the project itself (work packages and their relations, the Gantt, the expected results)
- the governance bodies (Steering Committee, Project Management Team, Advisory Board, Security Advisory Board, Social Sciences and Humanities & Ethics Review Committee) and people who are members
- the tools that will be used (EMDESK, a web-based collaboration and project management tool, and WebEX for video-conferencing)
The interventions of day 2, introduced the RESISTO Technical Coordinator (Prof. Alessandro Neri, RM3), aimed to clarify the technical objectives of the project:
- the synergies with ATENA project
- the description of each work package (carried out by the WP Leader), carried out by the WP leaders, with greater emphasis on the WPs whose deliverables must be ready in the first months of the project
After this meeting all partners were aware about project objectives, procedures, working plans and interaction among work packages.
Beyond meetings and round tables, during the KoM there were several occasions for networking, (especially the social dinner held on the evening of May 14th in the centre of Rome) which contributed to a good interaction and exchange of opinions among partners for the next steps to take in support of RESISTO actions implementation and success.